SMITH FOREFRONT MIPS OVERVIEW
Smith’s ground-breaking Forefront helmet gets the MIPS treatment in an upgrade that sees safety even further improved in this impressive lid. The striking looks of the Forefront were turning heads when it first came out and it still does today. The primary tech inside was the use of the AEROCORE which utilised Koroyd’s impact protection system to create a low volume lid that looked like something from Star Wars.
The Forefront is light offers fantastic coverage and comes with a goggle management system as an accessory. There is also a thread in the top of the lid for attaching lights and cameras. The VaporFit system makes it easy to get a snug fit with the roller on the back of the helmet and with 21 vents and plenty of holes created by the straw-like structure of the Koroyd it offers plenty of airflow.
The MIPS upgrade will be a welcome addition for many riders as more and more research is done into helmet safety and MTB crashes it is becoming more and more apparent that there is a real need for a reduction on the stress levels from an impact. MIPS aims to do this by letting the lid slide slightly dissipating the force to your brain.
On The Trail
It’s a very comfortable helmet to wear light and aerated with excellent ventilation especially to the forehead area. Perfect for long rides in the saddle or hot days blasting enduro trails this lid won’t hold you back. The VaporFit system is easy to use even with wet gloves.
The goggle retention system works well and Forefront is enduro ready if that is how you ride. For the more subtle rider out there glasses fit well and if you wear Smith optics then they can slide into the grooves on the lid when you aren’t riding. Other specs fit there too but it’s worth checking before you buy. It’s also worth not sticking them up there in a tight section as we’ve lost a pair before when a low hanging branch clipped the specs off without us noticing.
The addition of MIPS is hardly noticeable certainly where the fit is concerned. You can of course move the helmet slightly when it is on your head but you need to do this with your hand it remains incredibly stable when you're just riding.
A beautifully designed lid packed with the latest technology and features. Koroyd keeps it light and offers superior impact resistance while MIPS brings it bang up to date with modern standards. Comfortable to wear with excellent coverage around the back and excellent goggle retention this is the helmet for today's discerning rider.
SMITH FOREFRONT MIPS DESCRIPTION
The exclusive AirEvac Ventilation System integrates perfectly with Smith eyewear for the closest possible gap-free fit and fog-free lenses. The exclusive MIPS (Multi-directional Impact Protection System) brain protection technology has been proven to reduce harmful rotational forces transmitted to the brain in the event of a serious impact. The exclusive Aerocore construction is designed to increase airflow and improve temperature regulation resulting in fog-free vision and improved impact resistance. Performance Lining.
The strong adjustable strap ensures a perfect fit for your comfort and safety. Developed in the aerospace industry Koroyd Technology absorbs more energy on impact (the cylinders form a crumple zone and collapse evenly on impact) and guarantees more efficient ventilation. This helmet is fully certified and approved by the European Committee for Standardisation to EN1080 Standard. The Top and Side Vents allow this Helmet to breathe and provide excellent air flow and cooling around your head.
The adjustable integrated visor can be changed to suit your riding style or changing levels of light or visibility. The exclusive Vaporfit adjuster is a rotary dial adjustment system with a full 5cm (270 degrees) of adjustability for increased comfort and a personalised secure fit. This helmet is fully certified and approved by the European Committee for Standardisation to EN1078 Standard. This Helmet is fully certified to Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) Standard.
Useful Eyewear Temples slide into channels on the front and side of the helmet holding your eyewear in place during even the most demanding of rides. X-Static with Reactive Cooling Performance Lining. The Chanelled Airflow Technology literally sucks air through front vents and channels it through the helmet and out of the back. We offer fast and easy returns on this product so you can shop at Action Sports International with complete confidence.
Features a tough Peak Visor for great protection from sun glare plus awesome skate style looks too.
Smith Size Guide
- Small 51 - 55cms
- Medium 55-59cms
- Large 59-62cms
Measure the circumference of your head using a soft tape measure running the tape around your head at the widest point from forehead across the temples and around the back.
Everything you need to know about our Shipping & Delivery Services
Your business is extremely important to us and if you're not happy then we're not happy. We are therefore fanatical about making sure that everything arrives with you in perfect condition and in good time.
Here is a summary of how we do things.
1) We aim to process and ship all orders on a daily basis if placed before 3pm Monday to Friday, Sadly we are not able to ship orders at weekends or Bank Holidays (we like to get out on the water sometimes too). If you place your order after 3pm then we will still endeavour to process and ship it on the same day but this may not always be possible until the following working day.
2) For goods stored in one of our satellite warehouses, transhipment may sometimes cause a slight delay. This is rare though and we'll always notify you straight away if this will potentially affect all or part of your order.
3) For goods on re-order from our suppliers but not physically back in stock yet the words "Coming Soon" or similar will be displayed. These goods are available for pre-order only over the phone by calling +44 (0)1597 850114. If you pre-order something we will let you know the arrival date that we have been quoted by our suppliers, but we're afraid that these dates do sometimes change but we'll always try and keep you fully in the loop. By pre-ordering goods you are basically securing them for when they arrive with us. Pre-orders are processed and shipped on a "first come first served" basis i.e. processed in strict chronological order (the first to pre-order will be the first to receive their goods).
4) For very urgent orders please contact us on +44 (0)1597 850114 and we can potentially upgrade your delivery option to suit your requirements.
Rates for shipping options:-
- Royal Mail 1st Class 0.01kg to 2kg £3.95
- Royal Mail 2nd Class 0.01kg to 2kg £3.29
- Royal Mail Tracked 24 Up to 2kg 0.01kg to 2kg £4.95
- Royal Mail Tracked 48 Up to 2kg 0.01kg to 2kg £3.95
- Royal Mail SD - Guaranteed Next Working Day before 1pm Up to 2kg £9.65
- Royal Mail SD - Guaranteed Saturday Service - Up to 2kg £15.50
- UK Mainland (3 to 5 days) RM Free shipping service on orders over £60 up to 2kg £0.00 (3 to 5 working day service)
- UK Mainland DHL > 2kg (extra surcharge of £7 added if parcel over 1.4mtr long) £9.65 (Next working day service)
- Sc Highlands/Islands DHL > 2kg (extra surcharge of £7 if parcel over 1.4mtr long) £14.95 (2 to 3 working day service)
- Scottish Highlands & Islands Royal Mail Tracked 48 Up to 2kg £4.35 (2 to 3 day service)
- N. I. DHL > 2kg (extra surcharge of £7 added if parcel over 1.4mtr long) £14.95 (2 to 3 working day service)
- Northern Ireland Royal Mail Tracked 48 Up to 2kg £4.35 (2 to 3 day service)
- Channel Islands Royal Mail Tracked 24 Up to 2kg £4.95
- Channel Islands Royal Mail Tracked 48 Up to 2kg £3.90
- Channel Islands Courier Delivery DHL Parcel - over 2kg £18.15 (2 to 3 working day service)
Please note that VAT is not charged on consignments to the Channel Islands
Shipping Information in full detail