SMITH VENTURE MIPS OVERVIEW
The Venture is a mid-priced trail helmet with a modern look that incorporates the MIPS system. Its extended head coverage and sharp looks meant it performed excellently for the price.
The Venture Mountain bike Helmet is built using in-mold construction - a hard shell bonded over the lightweight foam most helmets are made from - there are 20 large vents that are effective in channelling air flow and keeping things comfortable. Its not a super ventilated helmet which is due in part to the good coverage but the vents are large at the front and taper in size to the back.
Smith uses an adjustable retention system called VaporFit that allows you to dial in the fit a little more than others. The usual band tightening dial is at the back and it can also be lengthened and shortened at the front where the band pulls from. This means it’ll fit the more petite and grand sized of us. There are some rubberised areas on the inside of the dial area and this helps to keep the ratchet a little more away from the back of the head. It’s touches like this that make the helmet stand out a little more than others.
The fit is quite surrounding it feels very certain and covers well but doesn't have a huge amount of ‘stack’- it’s low profile in fit and looks great. The peak is fixed and isn't removable and offers a decent area to duck and dodge behind if the trail is overgrown or the weather is particularly rough.
Looks wise it's a pretty modern looking style with geometric style shapes and slight smoothing and rounding on the vents. The matte black looks sharp.
The inside of the Venture features antibacterial performance lining that does what it suggests and prevents the foam padding from stinking quite as quickly. The padding is all around the front of the helmet with a little thicker amounts on the side of the temples. It means that on occasion the sweat can pool and pour out the front as there are little segments that separate the padding.
I had some reservations that the MIPS plastic might make things a touch warmer in use - but there is ample space and area for air flow. I have to assume that the MIPS works as thankfully haven’t had to rely on it during the test period.
The strap is a lightweight webbing and is easily adjusted to fit - the strap is secured with the usual style clip and I found it comfortable and unobtrusive in use. There is a central vent that is perfect for mounting most helmet lights - unless you have one with a strap.
All in it's a good looking helmet at a competitive price point that suits most trail riding with the reassurance of the extended helmet cover.
SMITH VENTURE MIPS DESCRIPTION
The strong adjustable strap ensures a perfect fit for your comfort and safety. This Helmet is designed to adjust perfectly to your head and to stay put for your total protection. This helmet is fully certified and approved by the European Committee for Standardisation to EN1078 Standard. Makes use of construction techniques and materials that are specifically chosen for their high strength and excellent durability. Useful Eyewear Temples slide into channels on the front and side of the helmet holding your eyewear in place during even the most demanding of rides.
The exclusive Vaporfit adjuster is a rotary dial adjustment system with a full 5cm (270 degrees) of adjustability for increased comfort and a personalised secure fit. Integrated Skeletal Structure. The Channelled Airflow Technology literally sucks air through front vents and channels it through the helmet and out of the back.
The XT2 antibacterial performance lining offers sweat-activated odour control and prevents your helmet from getting stale after those longer rides. The exclusive ?MIPS (Multi-directional Impact Protection System) brain protection technology has been proven to reduce harmful rotational forces transmitted to the brain in the event of a serious impact. We offer fast and easy returns on this product so you can shop at Action Sports International with complete confidence. This product offers particularly high Impact Protection and is designed to protect your head from even the harshest of bumps and scrapes.
The Removable Visor can be taken on or off to suit your riding style or changing levels of light or visibility. This helmet is fully certified and approved by the European Committee for Standardisation to EN1080 Standard. Lightweight in-Mould Construction. Features a tough Peak Visor for great protection from sun glare plus awesome skate style looks too.
The exclusive AirEvac Ventilation System integrates perfectly with Smith eyewear for the closest possible gap-free fit and fog-free lenses.
Smith Size Guide
- Small 51 - 55cms
- Medium 55-59cms
- Large 59-62cms
Measure the circumference of your head using a soft tape measure running the tape around your head at the widest point from forehead across the temples and around the back.
Everything you need to know about our Shipping & Delivery Services
Your business is extremely important to us and if you're not happy then we're not happy. We are therefore fanatical about making sure that everything arrives with you in perfect condition and in good time.
Here is a summary of how we do things.
1) We aim to process and ship all orders on a daily basis if placed before 3pm Monday to Friday, Sadly we are not able to ship orders at weekends or Bank Holidays (we like to get out on the water sometimes too). If you place your order after 3pm then we will still endeavour to process and ship it on the same day but this may not always be possible until the following working day.
2) For goods stored in one of our satellite warehouses, transhipment may sometimes cause a slight delay. This is rare though and we'll always notify you straight away if this will potentially affect all or part of your order.
3) For goods on re-order from our suppliers but not physically back in stock yet the words "Coming Soon" or similar will be displayed. These goods are available for pre-order only over the phone by calling +44 (0)1597 850114. If you pre-order something we will let you know the arrival date that we have been quoted by our suppliers, but we're afraid that these dates do sometimes change but we'll always try and keep you fully in the loop. By pre-ordering goods you are basically securing them for when they arrive with us. Pre-orders are processed and shipped on a "first come first served" basis i.e. processed in strict chronological order (the first to pre-order will be the first to receive their goods).
4) For very urgent orders please contact us on +44 (0)1597 850114 and we can potentially upgrade your delivery option to suit your requirements.
Shipping options - Depending on the value and weight of your shopping basket at checkout, the various shipping rate choices that would apply to your delivery address will be displayed on the checkout page once you've entered your delivery postcode. You will then be able to select your preferred choice.
European and Non-European country rates will be displayed when the "deliver to" country destination is entered.
United Kingdom postcode options include:-
- Channel Islands Courier Delivery DHL Parcel - over 2kg
- Channel Islands Royal Mail Track 24 Up to 2kg
- Channel Islands Royal Mail Track 48 Up to 2kg
- Northern Ireland DHL Parcels service over 2kg up to 10kg
- Northern Ireland DHL Parcels service parcels over 1.4 metres long
- Northern Ireland Royal Mail Track 48 Up to 2kg
- Royal Mail 1st Class
- Royal Mail 2nd Class
- Royal Mail SD - Guaranteed Next Working Day before 1pm - Up to 2kg
- Royal Mail SD - Guaranteed Saturday Service - Up to 2kg
- Royal Mail Track 24 Up to 2kg
- Royal Mail Track 48 free shipping service on orders over £60 up to 2kg
- Royal Mail Track 48 for orders less than £60 and up to 2kg
- Scottish Highlands/Islands DHL parcels service over 2kg up to 10kg
- Scottish Highlands/Islands DHL Parcels service parcels over 1.4 metres long
- Scottish Highlands/Islands Royal Mail Track 48 Up to 2kg
- UK Mainland DHL Parcels Next Working Day for items over 1.4 metres long
- UK Mainland DHL Parcels Service Next Working Day 2kg to 5kg
- UK Mainland DHL Parcels Service Next Working Day over 5kg to 20kg
Please note that VAT is not charged on consignments to the Channel Islands
Shipping Information in full detail