Liquid Force 2024 Carbon Horizon Foil Surf Sets - with Size 190 Front Wing
CARBON HORIZON SURF 190 - Ideal for ANY boat and hijacking waves, the 190 keeps fun and stability high!
Elevate your wakeboarding experience with the 2024 Carbon Horizon 190 Foil Set, perfect for all skill levels!
The Horizon 190 offers our biggest surface area wing meaning you need less of a wave or roller to have a good time. Don’t have a surf boat? Have a small fishing boat? The 190 has you covered! The 3k prepreg carbon fibre has a huge weight to strength ratio and doesn’t use unnecessary additional resin keeping it light and responsive. With LF's highest stability in a wing, the Horizon is great for inspiring confidence when starting out.
This medium aspect wing for is for all levels and abilities. With a low speed lift, these foils are geared to excel within all conditions found on the lake. They are optimized for wakesurf boat speed and,depending on the size, can be foiled on everything from a jet ski to large fast wakes.
This 190 front wing is great for little wakes, and big units. If you're 100+ kilos then grab this one. If your boat wake is a jet ski, then grab this one. But it also works as a foil that can pump and glide and make turns for most people making it also a decent foil to learn on.
Features of 190:-
- Horizon 190 Front Wing - Surface Area 1900 cm² | 100 cm Wingspan
- H24 Rear Stabilizer Wing - Surface Area 240 cm² | 37 cm Wingspan
- 28" Carbon Mast
- 44cm Short Fuselage
- Foil Shim Kit Included
- Carrying Case
- (28" Carbon Mast + 190 wing + H24 STAB + 44 Fuse)
Aspects of Foil Technology and Terminology
Stability can be thought of as the ability to recover with minimal effort. Highly stable foils will allow you to make mistakes and get off balance but wont effect your ride or ability to maintain lift. These foils are not as agile or nimble and can not be turned as hard or used as aggressively. The Horizon 190 and 155 would fall into this category. At the other end you will find the Glider 95 which is highly maneuverable, but you need to be a bit more on you’re A game to harness the magic.
Good pumping foils give good glide and enough lift with minimal effort put in by the rider. With every physical movement expended by the rider, the foil needs to translate that into speed and forward movement. Bigger foils can go slower and are easy to get going at the begging. The Horizon 190 is a great foil for dock starts and starting from zero. The Glider series needs speed to start but once you are going, it is much easier to maintain momentum.
- High Aspect = High Speed
- Medium Aspect = Medium Speed
The speed can be directly related to the efficiency of the wing. The High Aspect Wings have lower drag and therefore are able to reach higher speeds. By the same token, size affects the speed as well. Smaller wings can go faster due to the lower drag.
Area is the first indicator of how the foil will perform. Larger area wings are made for going slower and accommodating heavier riders. Smaller wings will be faster. Area is not an indicator of skill level. Smaller wings will be used by both novice and advanced riders. Advanced riders will gravitate towards smaller wings due to the increase in speed that is possible. Novice riders will also gravitate towards smaller wings as the lift of the smaller wings is less and more manageable for the first time rider.
Wingspan, defined as the tip to tip distance of a foil. The Wingspan primarily controls a foils ability to roil. The shorter the wingspan the easier it is to roll the wing over and get a high banking turn. The Wingspan also effects the drag and overall speed of the wing. For a wing of a given area and lift profile, extending the wingspan allows you to shorten the chord length while keeping a similar amount of lift. This usually equates to lower drag and a higher speed foil.
Defined as the wingspan ^2 divided by the wing area (B^2/S), the aspect ratio is the defining term for the efficiency of a foil. Typically speaking , the higher the aspect the more efficient the foil is. This leads to longer glides and higher speeds. The higher aspect wings have a higher level of required skill to ride and are not as forgiving as a medium aspect wing. Most beginner to intermediate riders will gravitate towards a medium aspect foil (3-6) due to the ability to achieve lift at lower speeds and bigger sweet spot that allows for easy recoveries while foiling. Advanced riders will gravitate towards a high aspect roil (7-10) as the overall speed the foil can go and generate is much higher. This leads to more progressive foiling.
Foils can be ridden in just about any conditions. That is the beauty of it. Foils allow the previously unrideable to be ridden and give new life to the status quo. Within the seemingly endless variety of conditions that occur, there are designs that are better suited for the conditions. Bigger waves will require smaller faster foils while smaller waves need bigger foils. The Horizon line (Medium-Aspect) covers pretty much all conditions you will find yourself in a lake. The 190 will work for jetskis and direct drives. The 155 will work on any watercraft that can tow you. The 120 will be best suited for your traditional surf/wake boat. The Glider line (High Aspect) will take you even further. The 115 works great for your surf/wake boat and the 95 while also working in those conditions will get you out into the ocean surf as your foiling expands into new realms.
FLIGHT WING TECH:-
WHIPS & PUMPS
Everything you need to know about our Shipping & Delivery Services
Your business is extremely important to us and if you're not happy then we're not happy. We are therefore fanatical about making sure that everything arrives with you in perfect condition and in good time.
Here is a summary of how we do things.
1) We aim to process and ship all orders on a daily basis if placed before 3pm Monday to Friday, Sadly we are not able to ship orders at weekends or Bank Holidays (we like to get out on the water sometimes too). If you place your order after 3pm then we will still endeavour to process and ship it on the same day but this may not always be possible until the following working day.
2) For goods stored in one of our satellite warehouses, transhipment may sometimes cause a slight delay. This is rare though and we'll always notify you straight away if this will potentially affect all or part of your order.
3) For goods on re-order from our suppliers but not physically back in stock yet the words "Coming Soon" or similar will be displayed. These goods are available for pre-order only over the phone by calling +44 (0)1597 850114. If you pre-order something we will let you know the arrival date that we have been quoted by our suppliers, but we're afraid that these dates do sometimes change but we'll always try and keep you fully in the loop. By pre-ordering goods you are basically securing them for when they arrive with us. Pre-orders are processed and shipped on a "first come first served" basis i.e. processed in strict chronological order (the first to pre-order will be the first to receive their goods).
4) For very urgent orders please contact us on +44 (0)1597 850114 and we can potentially upgrade your delivery option to suit your requirements.
Shipping options - Depending on the value and weight of your shopping basket at checkout, the various shipping rate choices that would apply to your delivery address will be displayed on the checkout page once you've entered your delivery postcode. You will then be able to select your preferred choice.
European and Non-European country rates will be displayed when the "deliver to" country destination is entered.
United Kingdom postcode options include:-
- Channel Islands Courier Delivery DHL Parcel - over 2kg
- Channel Islands Royal Mail Track 24 Up to 2kg
- Channel Islands Royal Mail Track 48 Up to 2kg
- Northern Ireland DHL Parcels service over 2kg up to 10kg
- Northern Ireland DHL Parcels service parcels over 1.4 metres long
- Northern Ireland Royal Mail Track 48 Up to 2kg
- Royal Mail 1st Class
- Royal Mail 2nd Class
- Royal Mail SD - Guaranteed Next Working Day before 1pm - Up to 2kg
- Royal Mail SD - Guaranteed Saturday Service - Up to 2kg
- Royal Mail Track 24 Up to 2kg
- Royal Mail Track 48 free shipping service on orders over £60 up to 2kg
- Royal Mail Track 48 for orders less than £60 and up to 2kg
- Scottish Highlands/Islands DHL parcels service over 2kg up to 10kg
- Scottish Highlands/Islands DHL Parcels service parcels over 1.4 metres long
- Scottish Highlands/Islands Royal Mail Track 48 Up to 2kg
- UK Mainland DHL Parcels Next Working Day for items over 1.4 metres long
- UK Mainland DHL Parcels Service Next Working Day 2kg to 5kg
- UK Mainland DHL Parcels Service Next Working Day over 5kg to 20kg
Please note that VAT is not charged on consignments to the Channel Islands
Shipping Information in full detail